- Mind-Body Connection During Meditation Can Now Be Measured, Thanks To Science
- INEB to organize "Awakening Leadership Training Program"
- Thailand: Full disclosure on the menu for temples
- Rakhine Protesters Demand UN Protect Buddhist Chakma in Bangladesh
- Statues to spread Buddhist teachings
- Hundreds of nuns trained in Kung Fu are biking the Himalayas to oppose human trafficking
- As China Pushes for a ‘Buddhist’ Globalisation’ India Isn’t Making the Most of Its Legacy
- China gets its own Nalanda university, shames India
- A Call to All Buddhists
- Buddhism, Science And The Western World
- Buddhist monastery in Bangladesh hosts iftar meals for Muslims
- Narendra Modi Gifts Sacred Tibetan Books To Buddhist Temple In Russia
- Buddhism crucial benefit to future generations: Dalai lama
- 18th Buddhist Film Festival screens in San Rafael
- Book Review: Buddhism, Politics, and Political Thought in Myanmar
- How is Buddhism adapting to the twentieth century in general? February 25, 2012 Admin
- A Person with Admirable Virtue February 15, 2012 Admin
- Talaputa Sutta: To Talaputa the Actor January 24, 2012 Admin
- Can We Take Our Refuge in Our Good Deeds? January 21, 2012 Admin
- Buddha Sutta: Awakened January 15, 2012 Admin
- Vyagghapajja Sutta: The conditions of welfare January 12, 2012 Admin
- Rejoices here and afterwards January 8, 2012 Admin
- Catucakka Sutta January 8, 2012 Admin
- The meaning of Compassion December 30, 2011 Admin
- The Cankers December 27, 2011 Admin
- Your Choice: Your Identification and Foreign Culture December 26, 2011 Admin
- Respectable and Honorable Ones December 26, 2011 Admin
- Wrongly Directed Mind is the Worse Enemy December 25, 2011 Admin
- Lotus from the Mud December 24, 2011 Admin
- Good and Evil December 24, 2011 Admin
- The Buddha’s Teachings on Love December 23, 2011 Admin
- The Foundations of Mindfulness December 19, 2011 Admin
- Sick People December 18, 2011 Admin
- The Removal of Distracting Thoughts (mp3 and text) December 17, 2011 Admin
- Seeing Things as They Are December 16, 2011 Admin
- End of Buddhist Lent Ceremony October 25, 2015 October 16, 2015
- Kathina Ceremony November 14, 2015 October 16, 2015
- Magha Puja Ceremony បុណ្យមាឃបូជា February 13, 2013
- Buddhist Fundraising Ceremony (បុណ្យផ្កាប្រាក់សាមគ្គី) August 18, 2012
- Impact of Buddhism on Civilization July 30, 2012
- The Buddhist Lent (បុណ្យចូលវស្សា) July 29, 2012 July 25, 2012
- Visakha Puja Ceremony (បុណ្យវិសាខបូជា) May 5-6, 2012 May 3, 2012
- Magha Puja (មាឃបូជា) February 05, 2012 February 1, 2012
- បុណ្យចេញព្រះវស្សា [The End of Buddhist Lent Ceremony] October 8, 2011 October 2, 2011
- បុណ្យចូលព្រះវស្សា (BUDDHIST LENT) On July 16, 2011 July 4, 2011
- បុណ្យវិសាខបូជា Visakha Puja - Bodhikaram Temple May 14, 2011 May 12, 2011
- Khmer New Year Celebration, April 16, 2011 April 4, 2011
- Magha Puja Day (បុណ្យមាឃបូជា) February 14, 2011
- Obervance for Cambodian Tragedy at Koh Pich. November 28, 2010
- Do you not find it difficult to think in terms of “mental states”? October 13, 2010
Tag Archives: bodhikaram temple
The Board of Directors of the Mondul Ottawa KhmerBuddhist Monastery will be celebrating the Buddhist Lent ceremony (Bonn Chol Vossa) at the date and location below:
Date: Saturday Morning, July 29, 2012
Location: Bodhikaram Temple, 1197 Deer Park Road, Ottawa, Ontario
-9:00 am: Arrival of guests
-9:30 am: Paying respects to the Triple Gem and taking the Five Precepts.
-10:00 am: Putting alms into alms-bowl, Food offering to th Buddhist Monks.
-11:30 am: Blessing given by the monks, Lunch of monks, Dhamma Lecture.
-12:00 am Communal Lunch.
Please come and join us in this Buddhist Lent Ceremony order to perform the merit for your present and future happy life. May peace and happiness be upon you and your family!
- Alms Offering for Buddhist Monks before Buddhist Lent. (ireport.cnn.com)
- Angelina Jolie’s monk wedding help (bigpondnews.com)
- Monks taking on more active roles since disasters (japantimes.co.jp)
- Jesus was a Buddhist Monk (BBC doc) (occupyblogosphere.wordpress.com)
On the occasion of Khmer New Year B.E 2556, A.D 2012, we have successfully celebrated this important cultural ceremony on the evening of April 13 at Bodhikaram Temple and in the Morning of April 14 at Tom Brown Arena crowded attending by Cambodian and non Cambodian people around Ottawa-Gatineau. Very Special Thanks to Everyone who came to join us in this fabulous occasion for observing meritorious event together . May your life be filled peace, prosperity, healthy, wealthy, happiness and be freed from suffering! May all beings around the globe be blessed with happiness and positive lives!
Three Days of Khmer New Year
-Maha Songkran: Maha Songkran, derived from Sanskrit Maha Sangkranti, is the name of the first day of the new year celebration. It is the ending of the year and the beginning of a new one. People dress up and light candles and burn incense sticks at shrines, where the members of each family pay homage to offer thanks for the Buddha‘s teachings by bowing, kneeling and prostrating themselves three times before his image. For good luck (according to ancient belief) people wash their face with holy water in the morning, their chests at noon, and their feet in the evening before they go to bed.
In Buddhist Teaching, the three ways of good luck as mentioned above are reminding people to do good deed by purifying the three actions which are Verbal Action, Mental Action and Bodily Action. To have good luck or Happiness in their lives they have to cultivate good speech, good thought and good work.
-Vearak Wanabat: Vearak Wanabat is the name of the second day of the new year celebration. People contribute charity to the less fortunate by helping the poor, servants, homeless, and low-income families. Families attend a dedication ceremony to their ancestors at the monastery.
-Thngai Loeunng Sak: Thngai Loeung Sak is the name of the third day of the new year celebration. Buddhists cleanse the Buddha statues and their elders with perfumed water. Bathing the Buddha images is the symbol that water will be needed for all kinds of plants and lives. It is also thought to be a kind deed that will bring longevity, good luck, happiness and prosperity in life. By bathing their grandparents and parents, children can obtain from them best wishes and good advice for the future.
The Cambodian New Year this year will start on Friday, April 13 at 7:11 PM and complete three days as Thngai Loeung Sak on Sunday, April 15, at 11:43:48 PM .
Khmer New Year Invitation
The Monks and board of directors of Bodhikaram Temple, the Mondul Ottawa Khmer Buddhist Monastery, would like to invite you and your family to join us in Khmer Traditional New Year which will be held on the date and time below:
Date: Friday Evening, April 13, 2012
Location: Bodhikaram Temple, 1197 Deer Park Road, Ottawa, ON
Date: Saturday Morning, April 14, 2012
Location: Tom Brown Arena, 141 Bayview, Ottawa, Ontario
-9:00 am : Arrival of guests
-9:30 am : Paying respects to the Triple Gem and taking the Five Precepts.
-10:00 am : Putting alms into alms-bowl, Food offering to th Buddhist Monks.
-11:30 am : Blessing given by the monks, Lunch of monks, Dhamma Lecture, Transferring merits to our ancestors.
-12:00 am : Communal Lunch.
Please come and join us in order to preserve our Buddhism, Khmer Culture (Culture of Cambodia) and to perform the merit for your present and future happy life. May peace and happiness be upon you and your family!